1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Got real jobs.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I had any. I think I'll make a resolution next year to get a girlfriend. I've been sorta preparing for that.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yep, my paternal grandma died.
5. What countries did you visit?
Uh... damn, none.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
I guess a girlfriend. I wasn't really looking for one last year, so it's not like I was "lacking" one.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Nov 2, 2004 - anyone remember that?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a bunch of money, by way of a job with Sun, and having my UTMA transferred to me.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Withdrawing from Calculus 2, getting a D in Computer Science. Basically, my Winter quarter.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I developed horrible rashes on my feet at the beginning of the year that haven't yet gone away. They're pretty much as bad as ever, all scabby and sticking to my socks and stuff. TMI, I know.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Gad I bought so much. Probably my IIDX controller.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Went to New York to, well, not really "celebrate" with my cousin who got cancer, but of course he was in high spirits and quite the "trooper" as it were, so that's worth celebrating.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The Bush administration's, of course.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Buying IIDX stuff.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Hmm, so many things near the end of the year... getting my grades, going into the office, playing IIDX in the arcade. :P
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
TaQ's entire bounce connected album.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? The same.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I don't want to say I regret playing all that FFXI, but uh... maybe I could have done less of that. :P
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it with my family, like usual. Had dinner with family friends.
21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
My Pet Goat
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
TaQ's work, outside of BEMANI.
27. What did you want and get?
28. What did you want and not get?
A broader group of friends at school, and regular exercise.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Last year I wrote: "Had an awesome birthday party with a whole lot of friends. It was at Max's as usual, but we also hung out and watched some movies. Can't ask for much more than spending time with friends." Ditto for this year, only on New Year's Eve. :D
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
John Kerry winning the election.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
The usual stuff, but some new nerdy internet shirts and sunglasses because I need them.
33. What kept you sane?
FFXI at the beginning, beatmania IIDX at the end.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
TRAN ^________________________^ reincarnation SO HOT but I dunno, I guess still Keira Knightley since she's still pretty hot.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I'll give you a million guesses and they all don't count.
36. Who did you miss?
I saw basically everyone this year. Missed my sister at school though, now I sorta miss my grandma.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
New people... huh, there's only a few of those. I met Ryan and Phil this year, they be cool.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
Even though drama might be stupid, compassion is important and no one really likes it when I act like an asshole. ;D
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
It's hard to quote a TaQ song without sounding retarded so I guess I'll quote all the TaQ songs and be retarded: "THE MOST DIFFICULT THING I'VE EVER TRIED TO DO IS TO CLEAR THE MIND OH THIS IS BAD THIS IS FUCKED UP JUST DISTURBED GUYS."