1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No. That little survey disclaimer was a lie.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Lulu from FFX. She looms on a wallscroll over my bed, so...
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Since I stole this from Lily, I guess I'll say that Yasmin, the dog across the street, died.
5. What countries did you visit?
None this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
A full-time job.
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Probably an outing with Sophie over the summer. We went all over the Bay Area. It was packed full of the funs. And Denny's.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting into UCSC... and probably making my final project.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I guess getting kicked out of Jazz Choir can be seen as a failure. Although I still think I was the most musical of the entire group.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I'm a bit sick now, and I probably was sick over the last winter... but nope.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Gas. It got me to some awesome places.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Pokey always makes me go HOORJ.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
A few government officials.
14. Where did most of your money go?
DDR and food... and then $550 on some guy's slightly dented bumper.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving into the UCSC dorms. Perhaps meeting my roommate. The latter certainly didn't go well.
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
Death Cab for Cutie - Photobooth. I liked it the whole year and am only now finally getting sick of it.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? More emotional.
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner than at the beginning, fatter than in the middle.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer, fo shizzle.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Aimlessly clicking the mouse button.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it with my fambly. I was asleep for most of the day, though.
21. Did you fall in love in 2003?
22. How many one-night stands?
One, I think.
23. What was your favourite TV program?
South Park, although I watched a total of one episode. Barely any TV was watched this year.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
Ahahaha, I read Understanding Comics, again.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Radiohead. Yeah, I didn't really know who they were.
27. What did you want and get?
Good friends at UCSC.
28. What did you want and not get?
A good roommate... although the current one is acceptable.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Had an awesome birthday party with a whole lot of friends. It was at Max's as usual, but we also hung out and watched some movies. Can't ask for much more than spending time with friends. I'm 18.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having a truly loving relationship... I think. There'd still be ups and downs to that. Not sure how much I want that at this point.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
Hand-me-downs and Christmas presents.
33. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Davis's recall, Schwarzenegger's election.
36. Who did you miss?
My relatives in the east coast, people that I haven't yet seen since I came back for winter vacation, and already my friends at UCSC.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Can't think of anyone in particular. A lot of people I met are awesome.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003:
I realized that through so much emotional trauma in my group of friends, "don't worry, be happy" is STILL the best quote to live by. I've gone by that quote for over a decade.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Come on, fhqhwgads. I see you jockin' me. Tryin' to act all like, U NO ME.
Well that wasn't too awful.