1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Graduated college, went to Israel, lived outside of California, became financially independent, skied down black diamonds (yesterday!)
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yep. Last year's was to get into grad school, and have a place of my own (well, with roommates). Next year, I want a full-time job.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Don't think so.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Shiranne's grandma died. I met her over the summer. :\
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A job. That's the only thing I can think of having lacked.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The second half of July. Free time with Shiranne in Israel.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating UCSC and getting accepted to UW.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't know. Breaking it off with Shiranne? I don't know if that's a failure.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Usual skin problems aside, this was the year of the ingrown toenail. I love my shoes but I really should look into getting ones that don't scrunch my toes together, I guess...
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I bought an iPhone but it was paid back. Hopefully the >$10,000 I've spent on tuition already will be seen as "best" in retrospect.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My friends! So many different groups this year from all over the place. I wanted to (and did) celebrate with all of them.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
No one really appalled me. What made me depressed was the breakup between Shiranne and me, but it wasn't really her fault.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Tuition by far.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Israel. Couldn't sleep for a few nights beforehand.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Lemon Jelly - '75 AKA Stay With You
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? A little sadder. Breakup got me a little depressed for a while, but I'm totally improving.
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner! Amazingly I lost 10 pounds after moving to Seattle.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer, but not as much as I thought I'd be. Thanks Fidelity Investments!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Been productive, again. This year I designed a site, but that's it. Work got the better of me.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Procrastination, as usual. But I was a lot better this year.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it at home with Dad, Betty, Lily, and Jason.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
Avatar: The Last Airbender.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
American Gods by Neil Gaiman.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
iPhone, grad school.
28. What did you want and not get?
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 22. A few days before my birthday I had a blast of a party with friends ranging from elementary school to grad school. On my birthday I took a train to Yosemite with my mom!
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to have kept the relationship with Shiranne alive, somehow.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Jeans, t-shirts. I think I went this entire year without wearing shorts. But at the end of the year I got some kickin' winter wear. Expect to see me next year with this fancy winter jacket that looks like two jackets attached to each other when it's unzipped!
33. What kept you sane?
RSS. If it wasn't for the Internet constantly tapping me on the shoulder, headed phrase-structure grammar would have made me go insane.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
2008 elections. I flip-flopped a few times. But I certainly gave Ron Paul a large dose of Haterade. That guy is fuckin' DUMB ARGGHGHH
36. Who did you miss?
Shiranne, and my UCSC homies.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
My new apartment mates and Seattle BEMANI buds.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
Try not to judge.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Lemon Jelly - '79 AKA The Shouty Track