1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Lived in San Francisco and used a bike as a means of commute.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes. Not only did I move out of my dad's place but I quit my job, got a better one, landed a sweet apartment, found an awesome lady, and continued to visit a gym - all goals I had sitting around. Next year I plan on losing some weight, and keeping my job (if I like it as much as I do now).
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Don't think so.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one close to me.
5. What countries did you visit?
France, Belgium, The Netherlands.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
I can't think of anything I lacked this year. I'd like a lighter body how about that.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Early July when Anna and I started dating!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a job at Linden Lab. Since then I've achieved quite a lot.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not having more energy to go and try new things in the city, maybe? Not that I care very much.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Still have the ingrown toenail, although it's showing signs of improvement. At the end of this year a few of my fingers got really dry and horrible. They might be improving but they're still icky.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My bike has served me well.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Obama's, again. He actually got health care to do something that's pretty great.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Glenn Beck, Gavin Newsom
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, then food.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving into the city, and my new job.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Das Racist - Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell (Wallpaper Remix)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter
iii. richer or poorer? Richer!!!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise. Also exploring the city even more. Being more generous.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sittin around and checking my RSSes. Gaming.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it in the usual place, sans tree, sans too many presents. It's mostly a thing for my stepbrother Jason to enjoy nowadays.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
Oh my god I don't think I read a book, I am an awful dude (no not really I don't care much).
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
A cheap place in the city.
28. What did you want and not get?
A cheap place in the city that isn't overrun by bums!
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 24 - Walked the Golden Gate bridge with my mom, set up http://deadwinter.cc, went to the Ruff's for dinner with Anna and the family, then drove on up to Sebastopol. Party coming in January!
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A nation with less bureaucracy and partisan politics.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
I got this hoodie which was pretty cool and I also wore ankle socks when going to the gym. I hate this question
33. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Probably health care, probably not the Iran election.
36. Who did you miss?
Santa Cruz friends but I will see them in a few days.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Just because you're in a lively place doesn't mean you need to go all out all the time. Relaxation is important.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
AND IN THE END THE LOVE YOU TAKE IS EQUAL TO THE LOVE... YOU MAKE!